LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Seeking Advice (.)     01 April 2011

Seeking Legal Advice

My friend had been working in a Pvt. Ltd. IT Company for the last few years. He has always been praised for his hard work and his code of conduct in the Company. However, recently, he demanded an increase in salary and benefits provided by the company. The demand was made in writing wherein he criticized company policies mentioning that the salary and benefits provided by his company were low in comparison to the competing firms. Upon submitted the letter, he was given immediate termination from the company. Although, it is written that his dues will be cleared, yet the reason for the termination has not been mentioned in the letter. He has been verbally informed that his demands, the criticizing and the comparison has been considered as rude by the company.

He does not wish to go back to the company. And he doesn't intend to take any legal action against the company. However, he needs an experience letter from the company in order to apply for jobs.

Is there any option available to him through which he can get his experience letter for the years that he has devoted to the company? Will it be advisable to write an apology letter to the company in reference to the letter that he wrote earlier to the company?


 3 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     01 April 2011

It is advisable to seek a meeting with the senior management and get a certificate. Written apology would not help and in fact is not necessary if the feedback was given in good faith. As far as work and reward is concerned, the employer>employee perspectives doesnot match all the time. It would always bear fruit to be paeitnt and persuade the Management. As long as one works for an organisation, needs to have good relationship and if the aspirations does not match, to look for better prospects and depart with lasting relationship.'


1 Like

Susanta Chakraborty ( )     09 April 2011

Well said Mr V.

1 Like

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     22 April 2011

agree with the view of mr.v.vasudevan .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads