LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chinni (SW Engineer)     09 June 2012

Seeking expert advice

Hi.. We got married in 2008 January. My wife is rude and she is a house wife. She wanted to live close to her parents. Between 2008 and 2009 my wife attempted to move out saperately from my parents but I denied that and I came to London in 2011 January and it will be very difficult If I land here with family with out any arrangements for house and other basic things. So mutually discussed and she didagree that she will come and join me once I arrange all the basic facilities. But, after arranging all the facilities in couple of months, I did request my wife to come and join. Since then she is not showing any interest to come and join me. I did request her multiple times on this but no use. She wanted to keep my baby close to her parents and that is the reason she is not coming. few elder persons tried to convience her by mediation but she told them that I never informed her to come and join me. I have all emails that I sent her requesting to join me. she is threatening me that she will file a DV case if I force her to come. psycologically am soo disturbed and frustated with out seeing my baby. Is there any way that I can take legal action on her and will it help me in any way?


 1 Replies

chetan (student)     09 June 2012

Hi Chinni,

I empathise with your situation. Marriage is a union and to enjoy conjugnal company is an integral right under the Hindu Marriage Act.

Humanly speaking, you should try making every attempt to get her back, keep your cool, its a family after all, i dont know  to what are her issues but it can be worked out.

Legally speaking, if you have not had her company since 1year now( desertion) can file a suit for RCR(restoration of conjugnal rights)..the decree shall be legally binding on her...

If she still doesnt follow the decree of RCR for 1 year you will have the right to file a suit for divorce..

But i believe you want to work it out...

All the best...:-)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register