Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Section9 Hindu Marriage Act

Page no : 2

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     10 January 2010

hellow deepa,

go to mahila thana/local thana/ngo's who see the interest of women alongwith your marriage prove alongwith your child. ask/claim maintenance under sec 125 of crpc and report here back. rcr & other actions will be latter on. first you arrange your food.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     10 January 2010

The best remedy is what sugested by Mr Prabhakar.

Gunjan Malhotra (In search of job)     10 January 2010

Arup Sir,

The marriage took place in temple in front of 2 witness and then notice of marriage in court was done in front of Registrar of Marriage. The marriage did not take place in court.

Also, the Converts marriage dissolution act, does not provide for one sided divorce. My client's husband is not ready to part and girl wants to part at any cost. This is similar to Smriti Shinde case.

subhash kumar (advocate)     11 January 2010

Dear, You can approaced the  Crime Against Women Cell ( CAW) and filed your compaint in writing , U can also filed the complaint  under Domestic Violence Act and under section 125 CrPC for maintenance for yourself and your children. definitely it will help you , if you can also approached the legal aid cell for free advocate

Subhash kumar, adv

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     11 January 2010

ask the girl whether saptapadi (seven steps)/ mangal sutra etc taken at mandir or not; a guideline is there but i could not remember it, i shall let you know latter on.  two witness are from which side? are they  favour the girl ? Purohit of mandir is in which side? AS the notice only given by the marriage register office , it is no marriage because actual marriage before the marriage register alongwith two witness's signature not done. donot worry for that, but take caution about mandir marriage.

Converts marriage dissolution act,  provide for one sided divorce. it was introduced by britishers; but india govt not yet repealed it , that's why it is still enforceable.

talk with the girl more and try to find out whether mandir marriage is a mock marriage or not..

mock marriage means in the name of religious marriage, some other functions performed which is not recogonised by law. Law recogonised some religious activities only. find whether her mandir activities  are within the law. and not a mock marriage. if it is mock marriage then you may apply under the specific relief act. 

if you are from delhi then may approach sc with the plea, as said by me about loopwholes in previous communication with you..

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     13 January 2010

Gunjan,

In S9, the girl can tell about the illegal demands made and so she did not want to continue. If she is able to prove that statement and the court accepts it, then u/s 23A, she can get divorce as the alternative releif to the respondent. I shot, the girl has to prove cruelty.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     13 January 2010

Adv. Mr. Prabhakar,

"without approaching the forums constituted under the statutes?" - What forum constituted, by whom?, is Supreme court constituted any forum?

A person has always a right, to pray before the S.C., u/a 32,13,21, 14 &15, to challenge an act which violet, vires, unconstitutional.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     13 January 2010

Mr. Prabhakar,

"  forum means the family courts " - it is ok. A family court can act under the law prescribed for it. Where an act is violating one's fundamental right, or is unconstutional, it will be tested (judged) by the S.C., under art.13 & 32 of The C.O.I. It is not the sec 9/HMA, alone, but sec 9,2,5,18, HMA read with sec 494,497 of IPC, encroached one's fundamental right of art 21 of C.O.I.

there  is a scope of urguement under art 32, 13, 21, 14, 15 of the constitution of india read with (i) sec 2,5,18 of the hindu marriage act (ii) sarala mudgal case. (iii) sec 494 of IPC. one may go to supreme court on the plea that his/her fundamental right is effected by this encroachment of law and some other rullings.

Art 32  of C.O.I. is more powerfull  and fit place than art 226 for the purpose of challenging an act. Again I am saying that, not sec 9/HMA, alone encroach the fundamental right of art 21 but the combined effect of  sec 2,5,9,18 of the hindu marriage act  & sec 494,497 IPC; encrroached the personal liberty on marriage of a  hindu person on the ground of religion.

If a person is mohamedan  he is out of encroachment; whereas a non mohamedan is within the encroachment. NOT ART 226, BUT ART 32 IS MORE APPROPRIATE PLACE  FOR RAISING THE  MATTER. keep a deep watch on SMITA SINDE case , which recently admitted by S.C.- adv harish salve is the advocate.

Nali Seshu Kumar (SOCIAL WORKER)     15 January 2010

why the girl immidiately n't filed for divorce and contest in s9 petition .if the court feels that it is not fit case to direct the girl conjugal life with boy automatically granted divorce this is a matrimonial matter the boy has bounden duty to mantain the girl in all these days and why the girl worried abot s9 proceedings pending and expected divorce. simple  one incident is sufficient to change the attitudes of the parties in my experience a an advocate i see miracles in the matrimonial matters that's why this the procedure .

R.K.SUNDERRAJ (LAWYER HUBLI,KARNATAKA)     19 January 2010

I agree with Arup Kumar Gupta Sir, I also think that the girl has misunderstood  between the NOTICE AND THE REGISTRATION. IF it was only a 30 days Notice  it does not amount to registration, Kindly check it as suggested by Arup Kumar Gupta

Kumar (Management)     28 July 2010

Hi

I Want to know if i now file a divorce on grounds of 'irretrievable breakdown' or 'incompatibility'. after law is passed

and if my wife  or her family than file a fake case againest me and my family under 498a will it be applicable after the law is changed and will they now also harsh us or bargain us using the fake alligation

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     29 July 2010

THERE IS A RARE POSSIBILITY TO ACCEPT 'irretrievable breakdown'  AS A GROUND FOR DIVORCE. IF IT COMES THEN YOU MAY APPLY.

498A; DV ETC WILL BE GOING ON IN THEIR OWN COURSE.

EVEN AFTER DIVORCE 498A GOING ON. THESE ARE SEPERATE CASES.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     29 July 2010

THE ABOVE ANSWER FOR MR KUMAR.

Sunil (manager)     23 August 2010

Hello I am new victim of female mental torchure.. i got married oct 09, still there is compatibilty in me and my wife.. 2months back we had a family meeting to discuss on the issue and they took a decision to take her away for sometime and give us a space to think on how to live with eachother but when she went back she started calling on phn to all my relative and telling false things which has never happened (torchure and dowry), 2 weeks back we again did a meeting this time with whole family from both the sides.. they decided that she will go come back to me and we will live nicely. but its 2 weeks she didnt come. And today she to my home with her father mother and brother and created a drama with shouting and snaching my phn mentioning that i m recording her voice for a case. I said no see my phn there is no recording , i live with my younger sis in Noida and my parents lives in himanchal. They tried to man handle me by snaching my phn from me.. i came out from my house and ran to my landords floor which is on 1st floor, i live on 2nd. She and her mother came running from the house as well and shouting help help.. with no means. I was so shocked and i think they came with some plan, i am very scared, and i think they will file a case against me dowry or something which i never asked her. please advice me how should i avoid this situation or be prepared for dowry case. Also I was planning for further studies from UK which i told 2 months back to her and her parents and they all agreed for that and now i have the admission to a university in london. Please help me and tell me if they can stop that or how do i handle this situation. thanks

abhay deshpande (Computer Operator)     28 April 2012

My wife is passed exparte judgement for divorce & maintainace. Now he is torcher & mentally harrasment to my family member & she is also filed a police complaint & filed JMFC court nagpur for domestic voilence act. I am filed the set aside for divorce & maintainece but the notice is return & court is not accept my application for paper publication so what can I do . I am filed the case in Highcourt or Supreme court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register