Upgrad LLM

section 9 of hindu marriage act (rcr)

I was turned out of my matrimonial house in Gurgaon by my husband and in-laws after they did all kinds of torture. After they sent me back to my hometown I filed divorce, domestic violence and lodged police complaint. in my hometown two years back. For Divorce and DV cases court proceedings are going on. Now my husband has filed U/s Section 9 of HMA (RCR) and sent a notice to appear in Gurgaon Court. After all those physical and mental tortures I cannot even think of going back to him. What action I should take?

legal advisor

If u have proofs of cruelty against you then produce those in the court and rcr might go against him.that will help you in getting divorce also.another option is if u dont appear in the court proceedings then ur husband might get a exparte rcr but even then there is no compulsion for you to join him in his matrimonial home.if cohabitation do oesnt happen within a year then it becomes eligible for divorse



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x