LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

green swastik goa   02 December 2022

Section 340 of crpc

Dear Sirs,

When I was in Govt. service in the year 2011 I have taken a permission to file civil and criminal  defamation cases against a person (who is a serving Govt. servant) as he was troubling and defaming me for his vested interest.  After getting permission i have produced attested copies (attested by another gazetted officer) of the document most of it was in my possession, to the Court along with the case filed. 

I have retired from Govt. service in 2016. In 2018 the Accused person got an RTI reply from the PIO of the office stating that there is no RTI application from me to obtain the document during the period I filed the case. On this basis the Accused person asking action as per section 340 of CRPC against me.

Kindly let me know, is the argument of the Accused person is valid. Please give detail and case laws if any.



 1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 January 2023

A perusal of all document sis necessary for forming any considered view in the matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register