Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kevin Moses Paul   15 March 2021

As per your query, I suppose you need to clarify yourself regarding the Section 194 of IPC. Therefore, I've laid down the illustration of the said act down below, do have a look for more input.

See basically, Section 194 of the Indian Penal Code (i.e. IPC), 1860 deals with Giving or fabricating false evidence with intent to procure conviction of capital offence.

The section further states that -
"Whoever gives or fabricates false evidence, intending thereby to cause, or knowing it to be likely that he will thereby cause, any person to be convicted of an offence which is capital by the law for the time being in force in India, shall be punished with imprisonment for life, or with rigorous imprisonment for a term which may extend to ten years, and shall also be liable to fine; if innocent person be thereby convicted and executed.
Moreover, if an innocent person be convicted and executed in consequence of such false evidence, the person who gives such false evidence shall be punished either with death or the punishment hereinbefore de­scribed."

Some additional information that might interest you is that Section 194 of the Indian Penal Code is a Non-Bailable offence.

Hope It Helps

Regards
Kevin M. Paul

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register