LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neeshu (software professional)     01 January 2014

Second marriage


I have a situation, My wife is agree if I can live away from her because we don't have any good relation between us...I am sure that she wouldn't be ready for divorce but I can get her written statement; "That she will not make any interfere in my future life and will not ask and compensation and will allow me to spend my life in my way" 


I want to know how can we make this statement legal and can I get  second marriage on the basis of her this.

If this statement would be considered as a legal permission, would she be in a position at any time in future....

Please reply after going through every aspect of my problem.


 3 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     01 January 2014

Dear Querist

second marriage is an offence as per section 494 of IPC so this consent is not valid in the eyes of law.

file a divorce before court and after getting the divorce decree, you can go for re-marry otherwise not. 

S.QAISAR ALI ADV. (Advocate)     01 January 2014

for second marriage some ingradients are necessary. either death .of first wife or bonafied divorce decree,.other than this the second marriage may be an offence in the eyes of existing law.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 January 2014

Please follow the suggestions by experts above.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register