Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Supratik Ch Mukherjee (Assistant Manager)     28 May 2013

Second marriage

Hiii

I have gone through several posts and possible solutions regarding several problem.

I am seeking some serious suggestion regarding the law for second marriage.

My fiance and i want to get married soon. She is a divorcee.

We dont want to reveal the fact that this is her second marriage due to some social compulsions.

Please explain what will happen if we hide the fact of her divorce at the time of registry???

I have read earlier that there will be a problem at the time of passport renewal... but she doesnt have a passport till date so will there be any problem at the time issueing of the new passport???

What will be the problem regarding US VISA???

If we get married within 3 months of her divorce hiding the fact of her previous marriage will there be any complications??? If yes.. What sort of complication might we face???

Note: She has already got the dicree of the divorce.

Regards,

Supratik Ch Mukherjee

Learning

3 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     28 May 2013

Appreciate you for getting married to a divorceee but you have not mentioned is your first marriage to her or even yours is also second marriage

1. hiding and getting second time marriage no problem but in future if any problem means you have to face that problem

2. already she is not having passport while applying a police verification will be done in that if they found means they will mention and there you problem will start

3. going abroad means lot of complications legal problem

4.now you can hide but some or the other point it will be traced 

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Supratik Ch Mukherjee

Hiii

I have gone through several posts and possible solutions regarding several problem.

I am seeking some serious suggestion regarding the law for second marriage.

My fiance and i want to get married soon. She is a divorcee.

Ask her case number, how she got divorce, what all cases had she filed to harrass her ex+in-laws.  Try and meet her ex-husband who can be a very good friend of yours.

We dont want to reveal the fact that this is her second marriage due to some social compulsions.

Please explain what will happen if we hide the fact of her divorce at the time of registry???

Marriage wont be a legal one, you will end up in unwanted problems for life.

I have read earlier that there will be a problem at the time of passport renewal... but she doesnt have a passport till date so will there be any problem at the time issueing of the new passport???

Forget passport etc.  It will definitely be a headache if your marriage is not a legal one.

What will be the problem regarding US VISA???

planning to take her outside of India?  Major problems are waiting for you.

If we get married within 3 months of her divorce hiding the fact of her previous marriage will there be any complications??? If yes.. What sort of complication might we face???

Note: She has already got the dicree of the divorce.

Good she has got divorce decree.  But it should be mentioned while you get married that she is a divorcee.

How what kind of problems, that too  long to explain, either experience it yourself, or listen to what I've told above and act accordingly.
Regards,

Supratik Ch Mukherjee

(Guest)

It is very simple, don't make it complicated!!

Marrying a Divorcee means that the person has already been legally separated from ex-spouse. Means the person is free to marry again.

If you don't want to reveal the fact of her being divorcee to the society/public, then don't reveal! 

But mentioning the fact of being divorcee in legal papers of various documents/certificates won't reveal this fact to the society/public, because all the documents you are going to apply for, are personal and can be checked by respective authorities only!

The waiting period of 3 months is given to the ex-spouse for filing appeal against the decree of divorce, so you should marry her only after lapse of the period of 3 months.

Advocate Sandeep Naik

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register