What is sec 203 CRPC

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : satya
What is sec 203 CRPC

CrPC 203: Section 203 of the Criminal Procedure Code

Dismissal of complaint

If, after considering the statements on oath (if any) of the complainant and of the witnesses and the result of the inquiry or investigation (if any) under section 202, the Magistrate is of opinion that there is no sufficient ground for proceeding, he shall dismiss the complaint, and in every such case he shall briefly record his reasons for so doing.

satya (Manager)     20 October 2015

I want to submit application under section 203 crpc and in my case police has submitted challan in court and case is on the stage of cognizance in court. is it right?

(Guest)

To the best of my knowledge u can't do in regards to CRPC 203 it is court that decides based on police report. Either court can process opponent or either dismiss complainant's complaint under 203. Although i am not a lawyer i am just telling u from my experience.

satya (Manager)     20 October 2015

U are right mr Jon I am also with same opinion but whatever the power of magistrate we may invoke that powers. This section may be used as cognizance BAHAS. This kind of judgment delivered by SC also in priyanka srivastava v/s Govt of UP.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register