Upgrad LLM

sec 12 dv act after 4 yrs. of seperation

I was married 4 yrs back to a mentally challenged girl within family relations hiding the fact from us. Girl left our house with all her belongings after 1 yr of marriage in 2015-16. It was a family matter so never moved to any court, now a notice under sec 12 of dv act has been received by us from girl side. Please suggest what to do?

Do you have received copy of application along with notice ??

Total likes : 1 times



Attend the Court or Protection Officer from whom you have received the notice and inform them that the girl is mentally challenged and she left your house with all your belongings. Request them to grant further time for filing written reply. In the meantime engage an Advocate to proceed further.

Total likes : 1 times


Yes we have received summon notice for all 3 members in my family. What happens if i do not appear for the summon.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x