LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun   30 June 2016

Sealing off the property

My relative has been involved in illegal actvities and has been issued the warrant for arrest  in a fruad case. She will be arrested and taken to jail for few months. During this time can  I seal off  (officially) the property that she is living in? I own the property, but was  unable to vacate her as she started claiming the property as hers just to make sure it gets drgged in the cort forever.Now that she will be away from the property what would be best way to get hands back on the property? I live far away from the property, so cannot go in and live there.




 5 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 June 2016

You got to evict her through court only

Arun   01 July 2016

Saravanan -  If she is already in the jail. why need a eviction notice??sad

saravanan s (legal advisor)     01 July 2016

if you break open the lock or something she or anybody else from her family can accuse you of house breaking,theft and things like that

JustAdvisor (IT)     01 July 2016

she may be in jail, in bahamas or on mars :) you still need an eviction notice. imagine someone breaking into your house when you are on vacation!

Arun   05 July 2016

It is my home and property and i pay all the taxes associated with it. I had just provided shelter to stay in, so why would i need a eviction notice. I do not have any terms/ contracts signed with her , moreover she is in the family - not from a outside family. It is my home and i believe i can go in anytime? Just for the witness sake will i be able to take my lawyer and record the incidence? The home is abandoned once she is in jail, so i have to take care of it as i own it. will that help?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register