Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh Madasetty (Software consultant)     28 February 2013

Scb credit card dispute

Hi Madum/Sir,

I have taken personal loan from Barclays bank in the year 2009 and enabled ECS payment option. The EMI use to deduct from my salary account very month on 25th or 26th. I paid all EMI's till 2012 July. Last year SCB has taken over by Barclays credit card division and they stopped deducting EMI's from my account. I was not aware of take over and they just sending monthly statement to my email account but I did not notice it becuase the format of email is like some junk mail. I use to delete it from my inbox with out viewing it. They did not sent any paper statement as well. Recently I noticed that I did not pay 8 EMIs for that they put 3.49 rate of intrest and late fee Rs.700/per month. So I have contacted customer care but no use. They thretend me that if I don't pay then it will affect my credit history. So I maid a payment. Now I am thinking to take legal action. Could you please advice me what are the options I have?

Question: Since I have taken loan from Barclays credit card  can they transfer to SCB credit card without my approval?

With Regards,

Suresh M

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     28 February 2013

when the bank is beingtaken over by the another bank. Then it is the duty of the old bank to intimate in writing to all the account holders, borrowers etc. about such transactions and asl as them to comply with the applicable procedures which are required to follow for transfering their loan to new banker.

Just by simply sending email it becomes quite risky and they are bound to intimate in writing as the email might not open in the persons computer or might not received by him.

Surely you can serve them a legal noticethrough an Advocate.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register