Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karan (NA)     06 April 2015

Sc- st case

Hi All,

My Watchman belongs to a  SC.

Problem: some of the area antisocial elements enter my land and pulled my watchman out of the cottage and abused him all kind of  Filthy language and then they burnt the cottage with petrol and kerosene .

We launched a complaint in the nearby police station they accepted the complaint and filed a FIR under SC-ST. they investigated on the case and they collected the required evidences .

NOW:

The Antisocial elements are trying for quashing the case in High court, as a precaution for getting arrested.

Can you please help me out for my next steps.

Thanks,

Karan

Learning

5 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     06 April 2015

Has the chargesheet been filed and investigated? As per the act only an officer not below the rank of ACP, has to conduct the enquiry. They cannot get it quashed in HC at this stage.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 April 2015

oppose the application.

Karan (NA)     12 April 2015

SAINATH DEVALLA,

Thanks for your response..

The Investigation was completed by the ACP of police and the chargesheet was filed in the lower court , Video Statement of the Accuse and the invistigation was completed by the police.

What can we expect in the high court.

Thanks,

Karan

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     12 April 2015

You can engage an advocate to contest their quash petition and your advocate will assist the Govt. counsel and protect your interest at High Court.  There is less chances such cases are quashed.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     12 April 2015

Engage a good advocate in Hc who is well versed in the Act, and fight .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register