Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pravin Verma   18 May 2023

Sbi irctc credit card renewal fees

Hi everyone,

Can anyone pls guide me as what action I can against SBI Credit card dept. 

Their agent through misrepresentation given me IRCTC SBI credit card. Credit card fees was Rs.1499. He told me that on every ticket booking i will get 10% cash back which he didn't disclose that it will be cashpoints only. 

I used it but didn't get any benefit out of it. Now after a year at the time of renewal I refused to pay renewal fees and didn't renewed it but they started calculating penalty on it which is now Rs.9000

Now daily their goons are calling and threatening me for legal action. Everyday they are harrassing me. Although I have multiple times told them that I don't want to renew it also replied on the mail as well.

Kindly guide me I want to take action against the malicious tactics of such Unethical organisation.

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 May 2023

you issue a legal notice to the credit card department instructing them to restrain from indulging in such illegal activities, if at all they have any dues to be recovered, you can ask them  to approach court by due process of law which can be chllenged.

If they still do not stop their illegal actvities, you can file a complaint with the local police and also file a complaint with the consumer forum to get your grievances redressed 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 May 2023

Settle the issue with SBI Card department.

You have the option to

a) file a police complaint against such illegal action on their part. 

b) file a suit for permanent injunction restraining SBI Card from such activities

c) file a consumer complaint before jurisdictional commission.

or

Seek professional opinion and advise of a local prudent lawyer. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register