LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SeekingForHelp (Manager)     29 October 2013

Sale deed registration

I have planned to buy a plot in CMDA layout in Chennai. And have verified all the legal & technical part of the plot, and it is very satisfactory. So myself and seller, have a plan to register the plot on 25-Oct-13,so we both signed the sale deed the before day(24-Oct-13) .Unfortunately the seller had an important personal work on 25-Oct-13, so the seller told he will come to register office on 11-Nov-13 and finish the registration process .

Now my question is

1)      The stamp papers are bough in the month of October, and prepared the sale deed. Now the sale deed has 25-Oct-13 as it is execution date, so can I registrar the sale deed on 11-Nov-13.

2)      Do I have to follow any special process for register the sale deed?

3)      The date 25_oct-13 is written in the front page of the sale deed; Is it better to get a new stamp paper for front page and re-print the same content with new date 11-Nov-13 ?

Note: I have already provided the advance amount and yet to give remaining part of my payment, this amount, I agreed to pay on the day of registration. Since the registration is not yet done, I have not given the rest of payment.

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 October 2013

No need to change any papers. The registrar put the fresh date and time sign on it.

SeekingForHelp (Manager)     29 October 2013

thank you for the reply.

so,as per your suggestion,I do not need  to change anything on my existing sale deed. I have to submit the existing sale deed to registrar and he will accept the document and register it .

DId i get your point in correct way ?

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     29 October 2013

no need to change 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register