LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Sale deed- registered document damage

I have purchased from a builder a row house in chennai ( Tambaram) of the value of 50 lakhs. In which the land is registered ( approximately 1250 Sq.ft extent) for the value of 12 lakhs at Tambaram Registerer's Office in year of March 2009.

The original SALE DEED ( in stamp paper) duly registered original copy was kept in my home.   During flood in the year 2009 December it has been affected and few prints were damaged and it is not legible but readible with difficulties.  the papers are in good shape only the ink marks were blured.

Kindly advice me what actions are required to get this sorted out as it is high value property and shall not pose any risk in the event of sale later days.

Please suggest me.

Kindest Regards






 2 Replies

Mugundhan (Lawyer)     25 February 2012

Apply for a certified copy of the sale deed from the sub registrar office and keep it along with the original.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     25 February 2012

Apply for a certify copy of Registered Sale Deed Copy from the Sub-Registrar Office and make a one affidevit or Declaration for kept original copy from your home.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query