LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

murali (SA)     21 November 2019

Sale deed of died father's house

my father died without any will. My father has a wife , eldest son, four daughters. Iam the 4th daughter. my father has a self acquired house of 80 sq.yards .My mother is staying with me. All the three sisters sold their share in the house to me with some monetary benefits as iam looking after my mother except my eldest brother. He neither looking after my mother nor willing to give me his share in the house. the house is in the name of my father. now I got
registered of three sister's share in the house by mentioning 3/6th UNDIVIDED share by SALE DEED in registrar office by paying some money to three sisters without my brother's consent..

my question is that

1.is the sale deed valid of their shares even the house is in my father's name. Does my brother can file case that the sale deed is not valid without my consent.

2. my mother want to gift me her 1/6 share also. if I get gift deed registered does it valid now as we did not file any suit in the court.
PEASE suggest how to get title of 5/6share in the house.

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 November 2019

It appears that you have adequate planning and in advance secured the co-sharers share in your name.  As your father is intestate (deceased-without a will), your mother and all his children have an equal share in his property (both self-acquired and ancestor).

Your brother is entitled to a share.  If you are looking after your mother, you may get her share as a gift or sale and you can not also get entire rights on the property.  Your brother is having a share and he is entitled to it, and whether he looks after your mother is not relevant as your mother is having a property in her name and all children secured property in same proportion.

Contact a local advocate and show such sale deed or relinquishment deeds to him, he will study and advise -as you have done all this with precise planning but you can not deny his share.  If your brother argues that it is an ancestral property then the date of death of your father is important.  Unless the version of your brother is on record, it is difficult to advice on hearing your version alone.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 November 2019

Whether the property is already mutated/ transferred in the name of LRs of your (deceased) father ?

Your brother (having 1/6th share) can not be compelled to sell/ gift his share.

It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/documents, guidance and proceeding.

If you are located in Delhi and feel so, may contact me (on appointment) with relevant case file at: Chamber no 647, Dwarka Courts Complex, Sector 10, Dwaraka, New Delhi-75 Cell # 9891152939 email: majjagdish@yahoo.com or visit: vakil-saab.com

murali (SA)     24 November 2019

Thankyou sir for your reply. The house is still on my father's name. My mother want to gift her 1/6share to me. Now by leaving My brother's 1/6th share how can I get title of my share, 3/6thshare sold by 3sisters via registered sale deed and 1/6 gift deed of my mother's. Kindly suggest

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 November 2019

The title in respect of the share of the property has already passed on to you. Your mother can also gift her share her discretion. However, your brother cannot be compelled to give the property. The only option, if he is unwilling, is to file partition suit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register