LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gayathri (student)     06 May 2010

sale deed

I had been sold property by A, who now wishes to sell it to another person,B. I have signed only as a witness and not as confirming party or as consenting witness in the sale deed to B. Will this be valid?


 5 Replies

kranthi kiran (Works In Judicial Department)     06 May 2010

your question needs clarity 

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao ( )     07 May 2010

Your Questions needs much clarity

unique horn (self)     07 May 2010

 No.  It seems that you are the attesting witness of that  sale deed. So its clear that the sale  was held with the knowledge of you, then how can you sell to another?. 

sanjay (Advocate)     11 May 2010

if the B is nt ready to sell the property than how could u have sign the withness therefore this is nt valid

Sharath & Associates (Advocates)     13 May 2010

Ur Q requires much more clarity to the effect as to what kind of agreement you had with A. If you have signed the sale deed to B as a attesting witness, there is no bar for you from challenging it since the Attesting witness need not know the contents of the deed. He only attests saying that the deed was executed by a particular person in his presence and the person who executed the deed was in sound state of mind and that he was not under any undue influence, coercion etc.,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads