I have purchased one flat under SARAFAESI Act, 2002 from one Nationalised bank.
Bank has given me Memorandum of Sale on which bank insisted to pay stamp duty, which I paid also and got registered with sub-registrar and bank manager himself came for registration. So it became my Sale Deed.
Now I came to know that the memorandum of sale is not the Sale Certificate as per Appendix V of the Rules and now bank is not giving me Sale Certificate as per Appendix V format. Bank says whatever given (Memorandum of Sale) is sufficient.
Now what should I do?
1) What can I do to get the Sale Certificate from the bank as per Appendix V format?
2) If at all bank gives me Sale Certificate as per Appendix V, do I need to pay stamp duty again? and Have again register it with the Sub-registrar? or will have to register with sub-registrar as a "Deed of Rectification" ?
3) Even if stamp duty and re-registration is not needed again, Is it recommended to have it done?
Following is the format of Memorandum of Sale issued by the bank to me.
And which is duly stamped and registered with sub-registrar
So & So bank
Address of the So & So bank
Memorandum of Sale
1) In respect of : Address of flat mentioned here
2) Name of the purchaser: my full name mentioned here
3) A) Total amount of bid accepted: Bidding amt mentioned here
B) Amount paid as EMD : EMD paid mentioned here
C) Amount equivalent 25% (Less EMD) : Some figure mentioned here
D) Balance amount equivalent to 75% : Some figure mentioned here
Total Total figure mentioned here
The sale is subject to terms & condition mentioned in public notice for sale as published in the news papers and the tender/document and confirmation of sale by the Authorised Officer as per SARAFAESI Act. After the confirmation of the sale, a Sale Certificate will be issued. The original of this sale certificate is liable for pay stamp duty to be paid by the purchaser. He/she shall also liable to pay registration and incidental charges.
Signature of successful bidder Signature of Authorised Officer
Photograph of mine Photograph of Authorsied Officer
Signature of witness I Signature of witness II