LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     27 December 2009

Ruchika;s case-The Role of Judiciary?

I was reading the article contributed by Durga Rao under the caption "Ruchika's case- The Role of Judiciary. It appears that there is a clear writting on the wall for the collapse of this institutions "the Judiciary". Something is clearly wroung with this systems, and LCI should concetrate more on how to bring about a healthy growth of this institutions. Is it the fault of the Bench? The Bar? where are we hading? What Durga Rao pointed out has become a daily routine in the systems and there are Advocates who does not care for knowledge but they managed to do their works, becuause they know that knowledge has got nothing to do with Justice: such practices has penetreted the systems: we may be sitting here and sharig knowledge but what is the use of such sharing if many cried like Ruchika's family members who cried behind their locked doors? How many families are there like Ruchika's family in this great Nation of Mahatma, where Judiciary failed them? Time for us to introspect the working of this systems and revolutinized the systems. From my own experience I have also many things that I have come across in this systems and I am sure many fellow brothers and sisters in the professions may be having their own experience to share. We should do something to revolutunize the systems for healthy institutions before the people completely lost their conffidence in the institutions. Or is it too late?

Learning

18 Replies

(Guest)
Assumi ji, From gross roots justice system should change. From filling a complaint to till verdict of the case all officers should bring under one law if they mislead or favouring statements in favour of culprits they should be removed from the service from bottom to top. i.e. from police constable to judge.We have good laws but in implementation our officers are failing. The fault is not with judiciary but fault with officers who are handling sensitive cases.Politicians should keep away from judiciary for favouring the culprits. Our judiciary should punish when there is a single complaint against political leaders, ministers not to leave CM, PM or if necessary Governers, President. Judiciary have to prove law is equal to all irrespective of people or desiganations. When judiciary implement laws stringently then only citizen will scare to the law. Advocates role are very important. They should fight for justice to the right people and should establish dignity of law and have to win confidence of the people.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     27 December 2009

Confidence of judiciary is already eroded and not only the people but even the advocates are fade up of trying to correct the systems and they have to get on the line, otherwise they get bad reputations with all kinds of this stuffs you know, and they are kept out of track like the untouchables in India. Time for actions.

(Guest)

Shri. P. Sathya Prakash ji, This is not possible at all in India. For this centuary just forget about it. There is no law at all in this nation. Please name any one or take any one all are corrupt officials.

Take our educated Prime Minister, Union Home Minister, L.K. Advani, Railway Minister, Lalu Prasad, Take any party chief all are corrupt officials.

Like Chiranjeevi, Chandra Babu Naidu, one of the IAS retired officer who worked with N.T. Rama Rao and even this TRS President Chandra Shekara Rao made lot of money by selling the party tickets.

About Indian Judiciary working system no one in India and over seas beleaves.

A Foriegner stright away tells on our face I through money on the face of your officials they bend and do our job. And my documents are delivered where ever I am.

1 Like

(Guest)

THROW

(Guest)
Foreigners speak about India's bribeism. Can you tell me which country is free from bribeism? In US they issue green cards for money. In the Gulf they issue visit visas for money. British number one bribe takers.Chinese they take bribe and do the work.To tell there are so many such countries. We Indians have to think about our country and should not give any place for harmful persons in the society. Speaking about politicians waste of time and energy. Our country needs a headstrong Prime Minister who have quality of not to listen to anyone and do the rule with tyrany to uphold the dignity of the India not only in judiciary but also in all other sectors.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     28 December 2009

Rathore tried to bribe CBI Inspector. Does it surprise you? Why? Chandigarh and Haryana were in his pocket. CBI for a while was out of his reach. Later it too succumbed to IPS tag.

MORE FAITH IN POLICE AND JUDICIARY

J U ST IC E FO R RUCHIKA

DGP got me removed from case: CBI officer

TIMES NEWS NETWORK 

New Delhi: Former Haryana DGP S P S Rathore, convicted for molesting Ruchika Girhotra, not only tried to threaten her family into silence but also attempted to influence the CBI’s investigation into the case. 

Former CBI joint director R M Singh told Times Now on Sunday that Rathore pressured him and even offered favours. When this did not work, the then DGP got him removed from the case. “Rathore tried to 
influence me many times by offering to get favours done and I believe that he tried to influence my investigation officer also during the course of the investigation,’’ Singh said. 

Significantly, Singh said before being taken off the case, he had mentioned in his comments that Rathore be chargesheeted for abetment to suicide. “I had included abetment to suicide along with other charges (in my comments),’’ he said. “That was my recommendation. Thereafter, as the file did not come to me, I did not know what chargesheet was filed. Later, I came to know that the chargesheet has been filed 
without abetment to suicide (charges),’’ Singh added.

He said Rathore started calling up CBI when the case file came to him. “He started calling on the phone and tried to influence me but I didn’t care for his calls. I took his calls because he was a serving DGP and I extended all courtesies as a junior officer,’’ he told the news channel. 

Singh said on several occasions he found Rathore waiting at his chamber when he reached office. “He used to call me up at my residence too and at one 

stage he offered help in the construction of my house in Gurgaon,’’ he said. “I politely told Rathore that these things weren’t going to do anything. Moreover (I asked) him not come to my office.’’ 

When persuasion and bribery didn’t work, Singh alleged that Rathore complained to the CBI director. “(He said) that I wanted to take money from him so that I could favour him. He even told the director that there were tape-recorded conversations to prove this,’’ he said. As a result, Singh said he was taken off the case. 
‘Rathore complained to my boss’ 

New Delhi: Former CBI joint director R M Singh told Times Now on Sunday that Haryana DGP S P S Rathore attempted to influence the CBI’s investigation into the Ruchika molestation case. Rathore offered to help him in his house construction in Gurgaon, Singh alleged. “I politely told Rathore that these things weren’t going to do anything. Moreover (I asked) him not come to my office.’’ 

When persuasion and bribery didn’t work, Singh alleged that Rathore complained to the CBI director. “(He complained) that I wanted to take money from him so that I could favour him. He even told the director that there were tape-recorded conversations between him and me to prove this,’’ he said. 

As a result, Singh said he was taken off the case. “One of my seniors informed me. I was a little astonished. I asked him to call Rathore and hear all the tapes...Thereafter, they did not do anything except that I was taken off the case. The file did not come to me. The director had told me that Rathore had made certain allegations so keep away from the case,’’ he said. 

Asked why the CBI had argued in court against inclusion of abetment to suicide charges against Rathore, Singh said, “The director normally takes the opinion of the legal advisor of the CBI. The advisor happens to be an officer from the law ministry on deputation. I think he must have taken his opinion also. I did not see the file, may be the legal advisor might have recommended not to include it or the director might have taken his own independent decision.’’ TNN

Advertisement

Article
Links
Newspaper View
Quick View
Jump to Next Search Result
Add item to Favourites
Send item by E-mail
Print item
Feedback
Share on Facebook
Share on Delicious

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     28 December 2009

Anil, whose photo is that? is that Ruchika?

Yes Sir.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     29 December 2009

Ruchika Effect

Complaints must turn FIRs: Govt

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times

Email Author

New Delhi, December 28, 2009

First Published: 17:29 IST(28/12/2009)

Last Updated: 01:10 IST(29/12/2009

Also

Register all complaints as FIRs: Centre

TNN 29 December 2009, 12:51am IST

Ruchika is Immortal. She has made the difference.

अब हर शिकायत दर्ज होगी एफआईआर बनकर
दिल्ली, विशेष संवाददाता
First Published:29-12-09 12:39 AM
Last Updated:29-12-09 12:40 AM
 ई-मेल Image Loadingप्रिंट  टिप्पणियॉ:  Image Loadingपढे  Image Loadingलिखे (0)  अ+ अ-

दिल्ली समेत सभी केंद्रशासित प्रदेशों में थाने में की गई शिकायत को प्राथमिकी (एफआईआर) के रूप में दर्ज किया जाएगा। रुचिका गिरहोत्रा की सोलहवीं बरसी के अवसर पर गृह मंत्रालय ने सभी राज्यों को यह सुनिश्चित करने के लिए कहने का फैसला किया है कि वे पुलिस से की गई सभी शिकायतों को एफआईआर के रूप में दर्ज करें और सजायाफ्ता पुलिस अधिकारियों के मेडल वापस ले लें।

सोमवार को गृह मंत्रालय के एक वरिष्ठ अधिकारी ने कहा कि अगले सप्ताह एक सरक्यूलर जारी कर राज्य सरकारों और केंद्रशासित प्रदेशों से थाने में आने वाली सभी शिकायतों को एफआईआर के रूप में दर्ज करने को कहा जाएगा। इस सरक्यूलर से दिल्ली और चंडीगढ़ जैसे केंद्रशासित प्रदेशों में शिकायत को एफआईआर के रूप में दर्ज करना आवश्यक बना दिया जाएगा। केंद्र शासित प्रदेशों में कानून-व्यवस्था की निगरानी गृह मंत्रालय के अधीन है। दूसरी ओर, राज्यों के मामले में संबंधित राज्य सरकारों को इस सरक्यूलर को प्रभावी बनाने के लिए दिशानिर्देश जारी होंगे।

यह फैसला लोगों की ओर से बार-बार शिकायत मिलने के बाद उठाया गया है। पुलिस अक्सर शिकायत दर्ज करने के मामले में टाल-मटोल की रणनीति अपनाती है और किसी शिकायत पर तत्काल प्राथमिकी दर्ज करने से अनिच्छा जताती है। इस परिपत्र का उद्देश्य है कि अगर कोई शिकायत झूठी भी हो तो भी पुलिस को प्राथमिकी दर्ज कर उसकी जांच करनी है।

सीआरपीसी में प्रस्तावित संशोधन के जरिए सरकार थाना प्रभारी के लिए किसी भी शिकायत के मिलने के बाद मामला दर्ज किए जाने और मामला दर्ज नहीं किए जाने का कारण बताना अनिवार्य बनाना चाहती है। इन नियमों को 4 जनवरी को गृह सचिव जी.के. पिल्लै की अध्यक्षता वाली समिति की बैठक में मंजूरी मिलने की उम्मीद है। एक अधिकारी ने बताया, ‘शिकायत गलत है तो पुलिस प्राथमिकी हटा सकती है। लेकिन यह सही शिकायतों को प्राथमिकी के तौर पर दर्ज करने में बाधक न बने।’

Dilip Kumar Borah (Manager-Land)     29 December 2009

After going through all the news published in various newspapers and aired in the TV, the role of judiciary seems to be shocking and confirms the old adage once again 'justice delayed is justice denied.' All are not equal in the eye of law in India. Some are more equal than the others

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     29 December 2009

The only shock and surprise is that Rathore has been convicted to 6 months imprisonment. Judiciary, police officers, politicians and bureaucrats would have covered themselves with glory if he had been acquitted. That is the order of the day.

Ruchika Effect

Ruchika case will be reinvestigated as a model case : Moily

Tue, Dec 29 08:50 PM

New Delhi, Dec 29(ANI) : Union Law and Justice Minister M Veerappa Moily said here on Tuesday that the molestation and suicide of teenager Ruchika Girhotra will be re-investigated as a model case.

Moily also opined that the accused should be tried for abetment to suicide of a minor to demonstrate that nobody can subvert the rule of law.

Interacting with a private news channel Moily said : "This could be a model case, where we will have to demonstrate to the entire country that the rule of law is utmost and it will apply to everybody and rule will have to be properly demonstrated - that is the will power of the nation."

Moily said the case seems to have been built on the original molestation complaint by Ruchika, but he felt that the subsequent harassment of Ruchika, her brother and family should be the basis of the probe and trial.

"In fact, the first case was when attempt was made to molest the girl. The case seems to have been built on that basis. But she died. All the harassment made to her, (her) brother, of her (being) taken out from school leading to the death...The right case is under Section 305 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) which is about abetment of suicide of a minor," Moily said.

Moily said that the authorities who subverted law to favour Rathore may also face charges of abetment to suicide.

He said learning from the experience in the case, a more stringent law for faster trial for s*xual offences will be enforced.

"We have been talking to theCentral Bureau of Investigation(CBI). I have been talking to the Solicitor General of India. In the long run, we would like to see that rigorous law is enforced, particularly for s*xual offences committed by people.

"We are contemplating a Sexual Offences Special Courts' Bill, which will fast track trial within six months or one year," Moily added. (ANI)

source- yahoo news

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register