LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

RTI- through Registered Post

Can RTI application be sent through Registered AD post by mentioning the Public Information officer address on the envelope along with th e requisite fees. IS it acceptable mode

Learning

13 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     19 December 2010

you have to pay only through demand draft or bankers cheque or court fee stamps. 

(Guest)

postal orders is also another mode of payment

(Guest)

My question was that can I send the RTI through post or I need to deliver it personally to the PIO

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     19 December 2010

Yes.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     19 December 2010

Registered post is the correct mode, as you can also get proof of delivery

sukanta (EO)     20 December 2010

Can I post RTI application to PIO by registared INLAND With AD along with Pasted Rs 10/- Court fee stamp in inner page of Inland.? In this case PIO can not denied about  text of application. In case of registered envelop with AD the concern PIO can denie to receive application & he can tell that his office only receive a rti envelop with some blank paper. Please advise. 

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     20 December 2010

So far as the RTI application is made using the prescribed format and following prescribed procedure, no PIO can deny receipt of of the same.

SALA SATEESH (lawyer)     20 December 2010

Dear Sir,

Generally in different department there is a prescribed mode of making an application and also annexing the documents of the applicant.

as such the mode of despatch of application will also be there as such rightly said sending it by RPAD would deserve the purpose.

ackn. will be  the proof of the receipt.

PIO should be referred for addressing the application. generally rs.10/- either PO or DD is mode prescribed,

In addition to this the information which you sought another letter wud be addressed by PIO office to pay for the sought documents.

this needs to be complied. accordingly the process is of.

Regards,

S.Sateesh

J. P. Shah (RTI & CONSUMER ACTIVIST)     20 December 2010

Please refer:

Make effective:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

It can be sent by post with fees. For central govt it is Rs.10/- by IPO favouring "Accounts Officer [name of public authority e.g. Reserve Bank of India or Ministry of Home etc]. Each State govt has different amount and mode of payment of application fee. You may visit www.rti.gov.in for state-wise details.

Basavaraj (Asst, Manager-Legal)     21 December 2010

Yes I do agree with leanred members veiws.

Any one can sought any information as stated in the act either peronelly or through RP/AD.

No officer would deny that he has received balnk paper or he never receive application, there is a evidence that ack...will be ther for proof of delivery.

(Guest)

Within decree of law and transmission of permissible recording the girl is openly sharing the recordings. Do come and hear it with your own ears  with copies of all documents to prove the case.

Mobile was stolen on one day, 42 minutes after stealing she called two boys and flirted with them.  All the phones were duly traced with the mobile number called, time of the call and duration of each call. After losing the phone the girl had informed the service provider and lodged a complaint of the theft, but Bhakti was unaware and calling all her contacts. Usually its difficult to track phones but in this case , the girl was using the same SIM unwisely.

Next day when SIM was blocked for making calls, in steep reaction Bhakti called girl’s mom and went on and on about splendid importance of a mobile phone. Moreover she said that the girl is sheer negligent in caring about her things. Other girls keep mobiles safe in their bags but she treats it like trash. Each of the word is clearly there from Bhakti Naidu’s mouth can be heard in the recording.

So was she suffering from amnesia, when the girl is bit reckless? The day she stole mobile she talked to her contacts while next day when SIM provider stops service, in reaction she calls to check at six in the morning to the girl’s mom for clever blame diversion.  

In the epic call where Bhaki threatened these words are clearly recorded.

“Mere papa ka na dimaak kiskaa hua hai . agar unhe koi sanak lag jayee toh kisi bhi had tak gir sakte hain. Main kisi ki koi cheez ghar pe dabaa ke rakh bhi loon , toh mere papa mujhe itna mante hain ki woh mujhe kuch nahin kahenge.”” Bhakti Naidu

“Hum log alag hai. Mere papa ke deccan mein bahut gunde hain. Raat mein khub drinking or daru chalti hai. Tu mobile ke bare me mat soch . exam ke liye padh.” Bhakti Naidu

“mere papa ki pune university mein bahut chalti hai. Chote log toh kam pe lagwane ke liye unke aage piche ghumte rehte hain”- Bhakti Naidu

She clearly said on the phone that her father is a “lunatic”, “unprincipled” , “ drunkard “. Can you expect friendship or any honesty from a person who does not respect her father who brought her up with so much love and care.  And which sector is “chote log”, aren’t we all equal.

In another clear recording Bhakti’s mom asked for the police papers. Yes they do have complete right over the criminal charges filed and proved against a person who also created panic by threatening. Bhakti’s mother  said “Aji Rs 3000 ka toh mobile hai . Aap itna kya kar raheho” Now the price perhaps has depreciated to Rs 1000. Why did she threaten after stealing?

Don’t consider the hearsay but the proofs. One media broadcast is sufficient for the mass effect sting action.   Do ask for reiteration  of each word to confirm it.

neogdeepjyoti (Govt Servant)     01 July 2013

Recently, I sent a RTI application form along with a IPO of Rs.10/- to a local Govt. office for obtaining some information through registered post. I am compelled to sent it through post as I could not met the PIO personally. But after going through the mails of yours I am in doubt because my application was sent without AD and already 25 days have passed. What should I do now? Please advice.

neogdeepjyoti (Govt Servant)     01 July 2013

Recently, I sent a RTI application form along with a IPO of Rs.10/- to a local Govt. office for obtaining some informations through registered post. I am compelled to sent it through post as I could not met the PIO personally. But after going through the mails of yours I am in doubt because my application was sent without AD and already 25 days have been passed. What should I do now? Please advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register