LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sankar P (supervisor)     03 July 2014

Rti procedure in sub register office

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I know only the person name and address,

is it sufficient for RTI file to collect the information of Lands and buildings in his/her names.


kindly advice me the procedure,

Many Thanks,

Best Regards,



 6 Replies

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     03 July 2014

shankar if you have correct name and complete address of a person you can get the information from sub registrar office regarding detail of the properties in his name through rti , shankar be aware if in your district there were more than one sub registrar office then you have to file rti in all the sub registrar office to collect the complete detail of that person .

Krishna. Advocate (Advocate)     05 July 2014

Yes .It is sufficient. you can file RTI .

kriti agrawal (self)     08 July 2014


Yes,it is sufficient.You can file RTI as  above said.You are not required to give any reasons or additional information other than your contact details (i.e., Name, Address, and Phone No.). Sec 6(2) clearly says that no information other than contact details of the applicant shall be asked.

sankar P (supervisor)     20 July 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

I asked to SRO regarding regarding RTI, he told that the procedure is to File EC in Register office & they will give the details.

Is it correct?

Also I have the Information of Name & address contact no only, BUT  in EC it is required land information also

Kindly suggest me,

Many Thanks,

Best Regards,


Sh S. Kumar (Other)     28 October 2014

I think it is practically difficult to get the Certified Copy of a Document on the basis of the details of the parties. You will have to mention the details of the registration such as Date, Document No. etc. Only then you will be able to obtain the copy from the Sub Registrar Office.

For more details you may refer to this Link for Certified Copies of Documents

Ramesh   15 June 2016

Sir, I have a xerox copy of a partition-deed registered in 1985. I need a certified one. Can apply thru FORM A in RTI act, attaching the"xerox-copy"sending the application to the Sub-Registrar by registered-post ack due,




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query