LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samsur Rohman Choudhury (Co-ordinator)     27 September 2011

Rti application to sbi

I have a question regarding RTI application, please help me by giving your valuable suggestions,

Q1. I have submitted an application to a branch of SBI (State Bank of India) asking the APIO of that branch to furnish information that,

(a) Please provide me list of beneficiaries mentioning their proper addresses, who have got subsidy loan from your branch under KCC and other Govt. Scheme since the year 2009-10 upto till date.

(b) Please inform me how many beneficiaries have re-imbursed the loan out of those above beneficiaries, please mention their names and addresses. 

Replying in which, the said bank manager wrote to me saying that,"under Banking Act. Bank is forbidden to divulge any information of the customers to third party, as such we are unable to provide you the required information as sought for."

In my view, as the said information as asked for is related with Govt. funding scheme, so bank is bound to furnish information in it, but as I don't know any legal provisions so I am asking this forum to help me in this regard as early as possible by giving your valuable suggestion with provisions of law, so that I can write to the said bank.

Thanking you,

Sincerely

S R CHOUHDURY

Learning

8 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     28 September 2011

Dear Choudhary

Please file RTI in concerend Govt. Department SBI is not bound to give you information related to third party.

Democratic Indian (n/a)     28 September 2011

Yes if you want to get a bigger picture apply in the concerned government department that is regulating the banks. Also instead of asking for names and addresses of individuals who recieved the loan from branch, you may reframe your questions in a manner that information sought is not related to 3rd party or seeking personal information of people. For example:

(a) Please provide me the total amount of loan, from your branch under KCC and other Govt. Schemes since the year 2009-10 upto till date.

(b) Please inform me how many beneficiaries have re-imbursed the loan out of those above beneficiaries.

You may add or modify your questions in a manner so that the information furnished will provide you the complete picture of the overall scene that is going on.

Samsur Rohman Choudhury (Co-ordinator)     28 September 2011

Thanks for your reply and also thanks for your valuable advice. I have found a new route from your reply. Thanks a lot.

Samsur Rohman Choudhury (Co-ordinator)     28 September 2011

Thanks Mr. Qureshi for your reply and advice.

Yogendra Kumar Sharma (Students)     18 January 2012

sir

what is the procedure to file RTI on a Govt Bank?

Yogendra Kumar Sharma (Students)     18 January 2012

what is the procedure of file r t i on a bank?

what is its form?

nagarajan R (cashier)     22 June 2012

in my criminal case ,to become witness SBI sanctioned some loans to the person. Can i apply thro RTI whether any loan is sanctioned to him and the details , when it is sanctioned etc?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 July 2012

RTI does not apply to the information held in fiduciary capacity by the bank and also to the information whose publication is forbidden by other laws.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register