Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A Kumar (nil)     24 April 2011

RTI Act for Housing Society?

I just wanted to know what is the exact area of housing society?  How can I use RTI Act to get this data?

I am from Pune.   It seems the builder has manipulated it and got it sanctioned from Corporation



 7 Replies

D.C AHUJA (CONSULTANT)     25 April 2011

U can not ask directly from society but u have to go through Registrar of societies under RTI act

A Kumar (nil)     25 April 2011

ok.  So registrar is the best person to get the info.  Thanks.


The Society is not a Government Organisation as such the RTI Act is not applicable upon the Society. However, you can gather the information from the registrar.

1 Like

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     27 April 2011

for  "A Kumar" :

IF  "the builder has manipulated it and got it sanctioned from Corporation",  THEN you need to file an RTI application with the PMC and ask for certified copies of IOD, Sanctioned Plans and the Lay-Out-Plans,  by providing them with the exact CTS no. and the village name (area) and other details which will also give you the  "exact area of housing society".   However the PMC will charge for the copies as per their own rules and not under the RTI Act.

The Registrar has no jurisdiction to give you anything concerning the exact area of the housing society, APART from the registered agreements which in itself may not be true.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

1 Like

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     07 May 2011

you can get  the information from RTI in the matter of HOUSING SOCIETY from the registrar.


nikunj (Student)     13 November 2011

we have a society of 10 members. some developer has given offer for the redevelopment of the society.

for the redevelopment developer also given to all the members a single personal aggrement offer letter.

is there are any law by which any single person can signed and can give the aggrement to the respected developer or it has to compusorly give under the society letterpad with othrs members? 


plz reply me as soon as possible..


Thanks & regards,

Nikunj Chheda.

nikunj (Student)     13 November 2011

if any person from the socity has already given a consult aggrement letter to the respected developer then against the that member what othrs member can do as per the law..?


Plz reply as soon as possible.


Thanks & Regards,

Nikunj Chheda

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query