Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

innocent (software)     11 August 2011

Road accident

Hi Experts,

Need your help on an issue with road accident. While I was on my way to office in my CAR, suddenly a motorist negligent driving came in between road and I hit him. He suffered Head, leg Injury and one of his organ(Spleen) removed from his body. Even though there is no mistake from myside as Humanity I took him to hospital and beared all the expenses.

There I have not filed any police complaint but police were aware of this accident. On same day I took my car from police station which is completely damaged and had to spent 20,000 after claim amount.

Now motorist discharged from hospital and came home. He calls me and demands 3 months of salary and vechile repair (since his leg is fractured he has to take 3 months of leave). I replid to him saying, I have spent money in hospital and will pay some amount for medicines but he dont accept and say that he will file case against me if he wont accept for his demand. I do not no what to do now? Pls suggest??

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     11 August 2011

you just keep quiet.  Let him file a MVC case.  If you are having valid driving license and valid insurance policy you need not to worry.

innocent (software)     11 August 2011

Thanks a lot Rajeev !!!

Regarding my car insurance, I took a certificate from police saying my car hit divider but not motorist so it should not be a problem right? and I heard every time in law injured is supported it seems, isthat correct?

If he file a case what should I do...looks like he dosent have any documenst of his vehicle...

Thanks again....

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     11 August 2011

Filing of case depends upon what is Police report. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register