Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

devesh   03 February 2016

Rights of son on the properties which were acquired by him.

Hi Experts, 

My Grandfather (Hindu) has 1 daughter (E) from his first wife and then 4 sons (A,B,C & D) from his second wife. A & B worked really hard and purchased three properties on my Grandfather's name, though the entire payment was done by A & B but the properties were registered on my Grandfather's name. The worth of the properties in today's time is around 20 Crore. 

There are three questions I need to ask.

A. Can A & B legally stop C, D & E from claiming any right in the properties, as the money for purchasing the properties was entirely paid by A & B. Can they?

B. If my Grandfather demises without any will, then what would happen. Whether only A & B will be allowed to share the properties or will it be distributed amongst all the brothers and the sister.

C.  If my Grandfather demises by writing a will in the favor of C & D then whether A & B would be able to claim their right in the property as it was purchased with their hard earned money.

Please help this is urgent.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 February 2016

How can you prove that funds were made avaialble by A & B?

Since grandfather is owner/title holder he can dispose the proeprty in his life time by a valid deed say WILL/Gift/Sale/Mortgage etc....

You may consult an able counsel specialzing in such/family/revenue/civil matters with all record that you have.

devesh   03 February 2016

Dear Kumar Sir,

My Grandfather never had any money on him, I don't know whether A & B can bring on record documentary proofs to prove the same. If my Grandfather writes the will in favor of C, D & E only, will A & B be able to do to claim their rights in the properties. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register