LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tasha (partner)     05 March 2017

Right to terrace of tenants in pagdi system building

I am a resident of a top floor of 5 storey pagdi system building. The landlord have occupied the entire terrace area by constructing water tanks and cell phone towers, without the consent of any of the residents. He does not allow the residents to install their own water tanks on the terrace.

my question is 

a. Do we, the tenants have the right to terrace area

b. Can the landlord construct on the terrace area without the consent of the residents of the building

c. Do we have any legal ground to object to the construction on the building terrace that was carried out without the consent of the residents

d. Is the cell phone tower installation illegal. Can we file a police complaint against the landlord

appriciate your response and guidance in advance. Thank you

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

When you say 5 storey Pagdi system building , it gives rise to some question ,

1) whether the whole building is legal or illegal , You can give ans. as much as you can and even if you don't know you can specify it

2) When Building  was constructed ?

3) Whether in Maharashtra  (See asking this question because local state laws applies in this case ) 

---------------------------

If you ans this two question then I can give better ans. to your problem 

Tasha (partner)     05 March 2017

Thank you for the reply. 

I am not sure about when the building was constructed but it has to be in or around 1900. As far as the status of the building is concerned it is fully legal. Recently the building also got repairs sanction from the BMC Mumbai, which would not have been possible if it was illegal. We are in the state of Maharashtra.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register