LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh   23 October 2018

Right to avail leave

I am working in Central Public Sector Undertaking. This organization is having certain leave rules and every completed month of employment, some leave days are credited in my leave balance ledger. Now, approving authorities are vindictively denying me to avail leave for even for a day or two, even when I have leave credit balance of more than 100 days. This vindictive action is going on for more than last 6 months. In the leave rules of the organization it is stated that “ Leave can not be claimed as a matter of right. It shall however be the endeavour of the management to grant reasonable requests for leave submitted well in time. The Competent Authority may at its discretion revise, curtail or revoke leave at any time according to the exigencies of work”. I can understand if leave is denied only in a exceptional situation and when approving authority explains me proper reason of work exigency. However, such denial cannot become practice over a long period of more than 6 months and that too for a single employee. The vindictive action is being done against me on apprehension that I am raising high level corruption issues in the organization. Authorities are threatening administrative actions, even suspension and dismissal from the service, in event of unauthorized leave. Please inform me judicial positions/decisions in respect of leave considering my precarious situation.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register