Right of access to property : query


Dear Experts / Seniors,

We own Agriculture land in Maharashtra, however the access to our property is through someones private property. This access road however is used by a farm house owner who is located behind us and has a Registered Right of Way agreement with the owner of the same on a permanent basis. Till date( more than 2.5 years)  no objections has been raised by them on the usage of this access by us.

Question is: Are we entitled by default to a Right of way, since this is used by us since more than 2.5 years without any objections? Can the owner legally stop us from using it now? Can this tract of land can be marked in the 7/12 agreement as public access / common road by the Talathi after Survey?

The owner has refused to give us a written agreement for Right of way due to vested interests. What are our options in this case??  Please help with your inputs.

Thanks in advance




Dear Experts,

Pleaseee!! help us with the above Query as the actual owner of the Land on which the Road is constructed is using pressure tactics to his advantage.

Await your prompt Expert advice.





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x