Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lohith Narayana (Banker)     10 November 2012

Revoking dowry death case

Respected Learned Counsels,

My sibling was tortured for dowry by her in laws and she committed suicide at her husband's place, when her husband was present in the house in 2004. We had even registered a plot in her name and marriage was done on a grander scale. My sister had a 2yr old daughter at the time of her death. Later a dowry death case was filed on my brother in law and his parents.

Later they used the child to bring pressure on us and also wanted to sell the plot, if we donot compromise. My family, which got pressure from various people to withdraw case. We however compromised in 2005-06, the plot was sold and Fixed Deposit was booked. And he also got the child's custody.

The rogue family continues to trouble my neice and have very little love or respect to her. Now, the child is 10years old and is in our temporary custody. We are also fighting a battle for the guardianship of the child, as the child was being subjected to harrasement by her step mother.

I was college going and did not act on this much. 

My questions are these

1. Are there any options to reopen the case?

2. I have with me the copy of a suicide note left by my sister?

Please guide, I want to try get justice to my departed sister. 

Thanks in Advance

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 November 2012

how could you compromise in cognizable case. There appears to be much more than you know.

mere suicide note held by you is of no use.  All other papers are relevant and you have to meet a locla lawyer with all relevant papers of the case.  You can get the same running from pillar to post (but possible ) in the criminal court.

You have the custody of child and child appears to be mature enough to express her views befor ethe court.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register