Revision against Cognizance Order in 138 NIA Case
The trial court has taken cognizance and the accused has received the summons from the concerned Court. The accused desires to file a revision against this cognizance order (assuming that the accused has valid reasons for doing so)
1. Which is the right forum? DJ Court or the concerned Trial Court?
2. Within how many days of receipt of the summons should the revision be filed?
3. Can the revision be filed by an Advocate on the strength of the Vakalatnma or it is necessary for the accused also to appears in person during filing of the revision?
4. Is it mandatory that before filing of the Revision, the accused appears before the trial Court and gets bail?
5. Is it mandatory that the accused agitates the matter with the Trial Court first, before moving for a revision?
6. Is there any other way/mode of challenging this cognizance other than filing a revision?