LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Mane (Business Analyst)     26 May 2012

Return of land, jewllery and money



Need suggestion on the following issue faced by one of my friend:

After his marriage one of my friend bought some land in the name of his wife. After few years there were clashes between both husband and wife and as a result she is not staying with husband now. She has already taken possession of Land, money and jwellery. They are having 3 children in the age group of 10-13. Her parents are trying to convenience her to sell available land. My friend is more worried about getting all this back. There is no official divorce yet. All children are staying with her.

Need suggestion on how this property can be taken back from her. OR any othere suggession by which husband can be in ownership of property again.



 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 May 2012

As far as Land property documents are on your name, no problem at all. 

Divya Jyoti Jaipuriar (Advocate/ 09868002365)     26 May 2012

As the property is in the name of your wife, and she is having all papers with her, she can always sell the property. In this case, I would suggest that your friend shouuld file a suit for injuction against your wife from selling the property. In such suit, he has to show the reasons for seeking injuction including the receits/ proof of payments that he has made for purchasing the property.


I would also suggest that if the marriage is breaking, come to a settlement between the parties go ahead for divorce (preferebly by mutual consent).


Divya Jyoti Jaipuriar, Adv.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register