Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adv. Abhishek Wadatkar   02 June 2021

retailer not giving my payment

I need this information please help me.
My 3 different clients (retailers) not giving my payment from last 1 and half year
One client has GST registration,
Remaining to have not GST registration
I don't even have security chequ e
Only thing I have delivery challan with there shop(company name) stamp(rubber seal).. any solution in this matter??

Learning

6 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     03 June 2021

What business you are doing?

Not paid your dues  means, is against any supply of materials ?

what action  you taken for recovery of dues?

if already have communication regarding demand of dues then better to consult a local lawyer and send a notice to pay the dues and  then file a suit against the defaulters.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 June 2021

If your business is lawful, warn them orally that you will be informing the transactions to GST, and GST dept may initiate into investigation and impose huge fines and take action for illegal business.  If it works it is alright, otherwise, you have to contact a local advocate and should proceed legally for recovery.

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 June 2021

The delivery challan is adequate for you to initiate a civil action. As the first step, you may serve a legal notice.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 June 2021

Originally posted by : Adv. Abhishek Wadatkar
I need this information please help me.My 3 different clients (retailers) not giving my payment from last 1 and half year One client has GST registration,Remaining to have not GST registration I don't even have security chequ e Only thing I have delivery challan with there shop(company name) stamp(rubber seal).. any solution in this matter??

Mr. Abhishek Wadatkar, 

You have prefixed "Adv" to your name, is it correct ? If so, who is your client (retailers) not giving your payment ?

As advocate did you provide legal service or what sort of business is referred by you where you required even "security cheque", "delivery challan" with their shop stamp ?

Vague and confusing facts can not lead to form proper opinion and oblige.

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts / documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 June 2021

If the client has not paid the amount due to you, based on the delivery of the product through the evidence of the delivery challan, you may issue a legal demand notice and then file a suit for recovery of your dues with interest before the appropriate court, provided the clients do not comply with the demands made. 

Nikita Jain   04 June 2021

As per my knowledge an advocate cant run a business under Advocate act 1961. how you will move in court?? because it will come in to the notice of the court that being an advocate you own a business.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register