LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arohi   31 October 2015

Response to Divorce petition

How soon should I file response to the divorce petition filed by my husband. Is it on the first hearing or I can file it after that as well. Also I need to give a very strong response to it with the proofs that I have. Can a local lawyer help me drafting a very strong response as my husband has hired an attorney and he took help of 3 lawyers to prepare the petition.

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)

If you want easy divorce, then dont reply to anything and dont appear in court as well.  You will automatically get exparte divorce.  You may file copy application after divorce is granted to obtain divorce decree certificate, afterwhich you may remarry if you wish so.

Arohi   31 October 2015

I wanna contest the divorce :)

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     31 October 2015

I don't support the logical reply of the above member,the querist wants to contest the divorce.

(Guest)

Good.  Dont forget to carry water bottle with you from now on.  In court there wont be place even to stand, forget sitting.  Good luck.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     31 October 2015

You must go through his allegations and respond them equally with proofs as you have to prove them false, its your right to defend /fight your case, the ws must be strong and based on evidences you have in support, prepare and submit it through your expert lawyer, contest the case don't give up .

Arohi   31 October 2015

I want to contest the case, I want to prove his allegations wrong and then I want to Divorce him on my conditions as I am the victim , not him.

Keanusathya (Sr Consultant)     01 November 2015

Don't you think you should have filed it in the first place then? Well you can respond to the petition appropriately and ask it. This looks illogical and waste of time, energy, money and entirely life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register