LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj Kumar   07 February 2018

Resignation from University

I joined a private university as a assistant professor 3 months before but I didn't want to continue there. Therefore, I had sent resignation letter to HOD and Dean in December by email then I received response from HOD that he has submitted
my resignation to registrar. But after that I didn't received any response from registrar. Again I send a hard copy of email by registered post and a reminder letter to VC and HOD about my resignation but still I didn't not received any response. Now I got better opportunity in another university. Can I join this..? Plz help...
The main points are
1. They didn't issue any joining letter to me at time of joining or latter. Therefore, I didn't signed any contract.
2. I received salary slip only.

What should I do .?

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 February 2018

If the establishment/employer/bosses want employee that has tendered notice of resignation/resignation to do something e.g; exit formalities, serve notice period (if any per contract of employment/appointment letter/Private Service Rules drafted by employer and supplied to employee /Standing Orders etc ) then employer should communicate to employee by effective mode of communication in reasonable time………

So far you have acted fairly and have shown good conduct.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 February 2018

Your boss has pushed the paper/email further with a copy to you.

HAS EMPLOYER made any rules available to you thru say; any shared portal, employee log in, HR portal etc etc ?

Would next employer absorb you on the strength of copy of resignation, acknowledgment by boss, alone?

Or IT would press you for submitting acceptance, service certificate, relieving letter?

Raj Kumar   08 February 2018

thanks @kumar for your kind reply. Employer didn't send any reply to me. Only HOD told me that registrar will take decision about your resignation. But still I am waiting for his response. Moreover, I didn't singed any contract therefore I am not bound to serve any notice period (plz correct me if I am wrong here). For new job, I can apply as a fresher then employer will accept my application. But I don't want to leave the university as a absconded person.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register