LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manoj karnena   21 May 2018

resignation acceptance letter - relieving letter

I'm at present working in a multi national company which provides resignation acceptance letter which shows my last working day but relieving letter will be given after 25 days from last working day
My new employer is asking for the relieving letter which I wont be able to submit in time and he is refusing my resignation acceptance letter.

Will my resgnation acceptance letter be sufficient in that case legally or hoe should i proceed with

Please help me regarding this

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 May 2018

Relieving letter signifies that employee has separated and nothing is due against employee.

If your resignation has been accepted and exit/handover formalities completed then last employer can handover service certificate, relieving letter on LWD also.

The appointment letter, salary slips of all months, acceptance of resignation, FnF statement, FnF payout, Form16, PF a/c slips, etc etc can all serve as good as relieving letter.

In the meantime appraise last employer of situation in writing under proper acknowledgment and ask to supply the service certificate and relieving letter before next DOJ or you shall lose the source o employment /livelihood.

Pursue and obtain and submit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register