Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hemalatha (nil)     28 March 2014

Residential land

Dear sir,

We have a Property of 2400 sq.ft. in tamil nadu.  My husband and my sister husband bought the property and registered both their names.  After few years my sister husband wants to sell the property so we bough his portion also and we have paid 25000/- out of rs.65000/-.  He has written he got 25k from us.  Balance rs.45k we have paid after one month.  for that we did not get a signature from him.  we do not have proof.  Now my sister and my sister husband are not living together.  divorced.  Now we have asked signature in the Power of attorney , he is refused to sign.  still the deed is in both their name .  I wanted to sell those land for my children education.  Please help me how to proceed.

Thanks

Hema.

Learning

5 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     29 March 2014

if there is any proper agreement in place, for purchase of property from the co owner, then file a suit for specific performance based on agreement, it involves cost.. If no record in place, u have no case and  given the urgent situation it is better to settle things through mutual dialogue. filing of suits,will be time consuming and it will be  a long drawn battle.

hemalatha (nil)     01 April 2014

Thanks sir.  WHat is the way to get my land. My origninal land also cant sell as it is registered in both of thier names. 

We have tried mutual dialogues also.  But he is not willing to sign in the GPA.  He told us to bring my sister then he can sign.  WE do not have any contacts with my sister.  where is she also we dont know.

Please suggest some other way.

Thanks & regards,

Hema.

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     01 April 2014

then u can file a suit for partition, but u have to forego the amount u have paid to him for purchase of property.

hemalatha (nil)     04 April 2014

thanks for your reply.  If I file a suit for partition WHat is the procedure?? How long it will take??? after partition how can I get his partion ????

Can I have your contact number .

THanks

regards,

Hema

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     04 April 2014

With reference to my earlier msg, i have to be fair in my advice, it will be  time and money consuming, but is very effective. It depends upon the counsel. to speed up things and get the desired result.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register