LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adv. Rishab (Law Student)     21 March 2008

Reservation Policy In India

NOW A DAYS , RESERVATION HAS BECAME A BIG HINDERENCE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF INDIA....

WHAT DO U THINK ??? RESERVATION POLICY SHOULD BE ABOLISHED / BANNED OR NOT ???

Learning

7 Replies

Vivek (NA)     21 March 2008

yeah i agreee wit u .... if nothin happend in 60 yrs.. wat can happen now...

D.C.Srivastava (service)     21 March 2008

it should be on merit not on the basis of seniority.in other words reservation may be granted at the time of induction only.

Guest (n/a)     25 March 2008

Reservation was deviced for the benefit of the socailly backward people who form huge chunk of the poplulation, even with such facilities there is no noticable improvement. Under these circumstances there should be some kind of re-engineering done to rectify this anomoly. Only the welloff group of the so called backward communities only benefit from the reservation policies. To effectively ensure that only the needy of the backward community is benefited, other parameters like income, assets of the family, etc should be inculded in the ambit of reservation.

Manish Singh (Advocate)     27 March 2008

I heavily trust on the policy of reservation for the socially backward classes of all indians but the thing what should be done in this respect is not to base the reservation policy upon caste or religion but it should purely be based on the economic conditions of people, whether they are forward or backward, if they come under the criteria of economic bacwardness, they should be given reservations. This is goin to eradicate castism also from our society.

Guest (n/a)     03 May 2008

The policy of reservation when added and formed a part in the constitution, that was for a noble purpose,i.e. to protect and defend those members of the society, who were, due to having their lower caste, not accepted in the society by the upper caste people. It was necessary on that time to give them some external support in order to join them with the main stream of the society. But this provision must have to be applied as a grant of privilege rather than a right and of course, its life span must be determined. I am also agreed with the opinion that " by creating the quota or reservation policy indirectly the SC has been depriving the real talents. Opportunity should be equal for all from the classroom to the corporate world, from soil to heaven; so that the right candidate can find himself or herself free from all obstacles and can grow up with an expectation of a bright and deserving future. As a fruition of reservation we often find a most non deserving and inefficient candidate to hold serious chair despite having zero qualities except one that he/she is reserved (SC, ST and OBC etc)." Despite doing this the Supreme court and the parliament of India should arrange for their free education and the education at least up to matriculation should be compulsory .

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     04 May 2008

well in my opinion the present system of reservation is nothing but a tool in the hands of politicians........the present reservation structure needed to be scraped. Let there be reservation but the merit shall not be compromised. Providing free food and free education is fine but thereafter the whole basis should be the merit.

Alpika (Freash Lawyer)     10 June 2008

When reformer of constitution added the provision of resevation at that time it was the demand of time because at that time there was many social problem regarding or in respect of schedule caste or other backward classes. But at this time I think that the position of these classes are developed and now is equal to  other general caste so in my opinion it must be abolished now. But the politition of our country made it a political tool and don't want to abolish it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register