IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amit kumar   21 August 2021

Reservation after marriage in other state

Hello, I am girl of Uttrakhand in s.c category and marriage from uttar pradesh in same caste. I not apply any application from uttar pradesh. Can I got the reservation in uttrakhand state.


 1 Replies

SUSHREE SAHU   25 September 2021

Hello Ma'am, You cannot apply for quota in another state when you are applying for admission into job or education. In Bir Singh v. Delhi Jal Board, the Supreme Court ruled that if a member of a SC/ST community from one state does not have his or her caste notified in another state, he or she cannot enjoy the advantage of quota in government positions or admission in that state. A five-judge constitution panel also ruled that the central reservation scheme for Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) in central government positions will be applicable in Delhi. Hope this helps ma'am. Thank You. Regards, Sushree Sipra

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query