LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nilesh   02 April 2018

Require information regarding transfer of 7/12

Sir, in 2014 my father passed away. We are having our property in my native. Currently it is on name of my grand mother & her nominee my uncles(2nos.) & aunts(2 nos). Stll date we have not transfer my father's name with my mother due to some reasons. Kindly suggest it will cause any problem later. Is there any specific time duration to transfer name after persons death. Also let me know the procedure & documents required to transfer this.


 3 Replies

Chandan Chandan   02 April 2018

you approach concerned revenue / municipal authorities for the purpose of mutilation of the property in the name of legal heirs of the deceased. they require some formal documents along with family members certificate, notarized affidavits and etc. It is not a big issue

Nilesh   02 April 2018

Thanks for your feedback.

Please let me know will this documentation also needs declaration from our other family members such as my Uncle & aunt's for this transfer procedure.


Yusuf Rampurawala   03 April 2018

It appears that your grandmom was the owner of the land. I assume she has passed away. If yes then the property will devolve on her legal heirs which includes her widower and children. Your father being one of the children can have his name entered. Now it depends on the revenue authority as to what procedure they use to transfer the land to the names of legal heirs. Many may insist for getting a Letters of Administration from the High Court and some may only require the affidavit from the legal heirs alongwith a public notice in newspapers inviting objections from public against transfer of land from the name of deceased owner to the legal heirs. So first ascertain the procedure of the revenue authority. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register