LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S.Kulothungan (News Editor)     14 March 2014

Request to clarify domestic violence

I am from a poor family, I am the first Ph.D scholar in my family I was cheated by P.Ramkumar [Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras, Chennai - 36] by making false promises he married and left me in road with in a month but he had been on family way with me before marriage itself. By believing his promise I waited long time again he cheated me without taking me home. After 15 months later I filed a case for maintenance. He was in possession of my Rs. 3 Lakhs , and ½ kg silver, 30 soverign jewels and other necessary house hold articles including wedding saree and the presentations received by me at the marriage is at his home [ partly returned ]. Dear, brothers and sisters, kindly help me by advising how to get maintenance from the month he left me. In domestic Violence case judgement [M.C.No. 9/2013 & M.P.No. 1709/2013] was given to provide me interim relief Rs.20,000/- [food and to complete my studies] but his over all emoluments are Rs.1,25,000/- [ as per RTI] government rule paves way for 30%. As a cultured women I am not interested to opt for second marriage. To avoid paying me interim relief he is creating unwanted hurdles to avoid me making payments. Brothers and sisters, kindly advise me and help me to get me justice earlier as he keeps on moving to higher courts. As a poor lady I am fighting with him. I want to over come his gimmicks and to get justice in a proper way. I place this request, I am aware through media landmark judgements had come out from Madras High Court, but shocking to see this government professor turning the law as he likes. An incident a top official from police department had personally visited kotturpuram police station to save him from arrest. He was behind me when he was in a private service, after joining IIT Madras [Dr.P.Ramkumar, Assistant Professor, Dept.of Mechnical Engineering] his attitude had changed and presently he is planning to marry Doctor who is an Ortho Specialist. I beg all brothers and sisters including Journalists, lawyers to help me in getting maintenance from the day he left and get relived of all cases legally and making a way to live with him in a cultured manner as a cultured woman. I am placing this request after struggling for two and half years. Kindly give me suggestions and advice to overcome the problem. The above request is placed for my survival.

 3 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     15 March 2014

Dear Querist it will be better to contact a lawyer in your area.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 March 2014

Take the help of a prudent lawyer who has expertise in matrimonial issues and fight it out.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 March 2014

meet a lawyer

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query