LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Democratic Indian (n/a)     11 March 2011

Report on meeting with the House Standing Committee of Parli

Report on meeting with the House Standing Committee of Parliamentary Affairs on Arms Act amendments.

Dear Friends,

As some of you may know, the Hon'ble Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs called in the National Association for Gun Rights India, to share with it the views and concerns of the citizens of India, with regard to the Arms Act (Amendment) Bill 2010 as well as the Home Ministry's Arms Policy 2010.

While the proceedings of the meeting cannot be divulged in public, until the Committee's report is tabled in Parliament, we are pleased to report that the presentation was extremely well received, and that the committee members are well aware and very sensitive to the concerns of the citizenry.

We would also like to remind our member's that Parliamentary process takes time, and this necessarily means that even with many Members of Parliament who are sensitive to our concerns, things cannot move fast enough to offer immediate relief to affected citizens.

For immediate relief, we may need to take recourse to the courts. This is of course a decision which we must take while keeping in mind the high costs of a well planned & properly executed legal challenge.

That said, we are committed to keeping our doors open to everyone, and do not wish to charge an entry fee for what is essentially an association of all freedom loving citizens of India, however we do need to keep our mind open to a donation drive sometime in the near future.

So far all expenses, direct/ indirect have been borne by the founder members. While no one has complained or shirked from doing his bit, understandably there is a limit to how many times we can knock on the same doors. The battle is being fought for the benefit of all, and I would soon be calling upon all to contribute - in whichever way and to whatever extent that they can.

This is merely a heads up for all - PLEASE NOTE - we are currently still NOT accepting any donations. As and when we do open donations, all members will be informed of the same.

For the benefit of all, we have uploaded a short film - commissioned by NAGRI - which we hope will help further spread our message. The film can be viewed online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5B56tmPm3g

Members are requested to share this film far and wide - especially to those people you know to be undecided about this issue. All costs for the production of this film have been borne through donations, made by concerned Indian citizens who do not wish to see the mass scale erosion of our liberties.

Friends, we need to work harder and need more committed members to shoulder the responsibilities of freeing our Nation of these Draconian rules which are Unconstitutional and Illegal, but after today's meeting, I can report there is a distinct possibility that if we can get better organised with more volunteers, WE CAN WIN THIS!

We are grateful to Hon'ble MP, Rao Inderjit Singh who represented NAGRI in his capacity as its Patron.

We also thank Yuvraj Raninder Singh of Patiala, President of the National Rifle Association of India for his support.

And of course, a very special thanks to Hon'ble MP Shri Naveen Jindal for his continuous encouragement.

Looking forward to your continued support.

Warm regards,

Rahoul Rai
(President)
National Association For Gun Rights India

P.S. - My e-mail ID is president(at)gunowners(dot)in and I look forward to any/ all feedback/ suggestions from both NAGRI members as well as concerned citizens of India

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: https://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13185

Learning

6 Replies

Ambika (NA)     11 March 2011

Thank you for this post, Democratic Indian. please keep us updated. ..

1 Like

(Guest)

Mousi jee aap GUN se muze to shoot naheen karogi noo???..

OK.. I am soooory… but I don’t know why I am soooory?

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     13 March 2011

"

OK.. I am soooory… but I don’t know why I am soooory?

"

HA  ....HA  ...  HA....

Rocker (n/a)     13 March 2011

Long live RKBA in Article 19 and 21 Zindabad!!! Ha........... Ha.......... Ha.......... Ha.............!!!!!

(Guest)

Arz kiya hai...

Som.. Mangal.. budh.. Guru.. Shukra.. Shani.. Ravi !... 

Saare Grahon ki Dasha ek saath kharaab chal rahi hai !!...

Waah Waah.. Waah Waah.. Kya baat hai!!!!!!!!!!!............

JP Chaturvedi (General Manager)     17 April 2011

Dear Sir,

I appreciate your efforts for fighting gun rights to Indians. I am always ready when you call my support in the matter.

J.P.Chaturvedi

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register