LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul   27 September 2016

Rented property issue

Hi respected members, I have a urgent query, kindly help. I recently finalized a rent property in Dwarka and Agreement is ready with clause of 6 months locking period. I have given one month rent in advance and 2 months rent as deposit. Everything is mentioned in the agreement and I have the copy of it. Now just before the 4 days of shifting to the property my landlord is saying he is not letting out to me and cancelling the deal. I have finalized movers and packers and given advance to them also given notice to my current landlord that I am vacating the property on last day of this month. Now can you please help what legal action can be done in this case. Also can this be challenged in consumer court.

Learning

3 Replies

Ramu   27 September 2016

Rahul jI, The agreement is there but he wan

Rahul   27 September 2016

@ Ramu ji,

Your reply is not complete. Can you please complete your answer

Himanshu Singhal   28 September 2016

Hey Rahul, since the new landlord has not given you the possession of the rented apartment therfore you would not be able barge into it. But what your new landord has done is completely illegal and he can be held responsible for the same no matter whether your rent deed was registered or not. 

Now considering the scenario what you are into at the moment I suggest you to take folloeing actions, which are independent of each other :- 

A. You take the entire money back from the new landord and stay either in the old apartment or arrange a new one. 

B. Send a Legal Notice to the new landlord for breach of rent deed. In the Legal Notice you ask him to pay you up for the loss (Mental & Financial) because of the wrong done of new landlord. 

C. No landlord-tenat relationship is not covered under the ambit of Consumer Law so you will not be able to file a case under the Consumer Law. 

As per my advise keeping the current circumstances in my mind I would suggest you to take your deposit money back and file a legal notice against the new landord and if he fails to pay you back for your mental and physical loss then you file a case for thr breach of contract in the court of law. 

For further assitance either dropped me an email on himanshusinghal057@gmail.com or call me at 9953321193. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register