LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Joe (PL)     06 June 2013

Rented property

Dear experts,

My father is doing business in a rented shop sized around 290 sqfts, for more than 42 years in a prime area of a town in Tamilnadu. Both lease agreement  and the E.B connection are  with my friend's name not in the owner's name.Now the owner is asking my father to vacate the shop, as they have planned to sell the entire property (3000 sqfts)  to somebody. But we do not want to move out, as our will be affected and we can't find a suitable place. So we are asking the owner to sell only that 290 sqfts to us. But they are not ready. In this case,Can we take any legal action against the owner? Please could you let me know how to proceed this case further.

Thank you.




 2 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     06 June 2013

you have a chance

1. to file a case under rent control in the civil court and get stay of you property not to evict 

2, mean time you can convince him to get a new shop in the new building

1 Like

Joe (PL)     06 June 2013

Thanks Sir for the reply.

So he can't sell the property to third party unless we are convinced either by getting the compensation from them or buying the land (290 sqft) from them. Is my understanding correct sir?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register