LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Pandiya (Business Head)     30 June 2010

Rent Enhancement under Rajasthan Rent Control Act

I have a let out property that was been given to the tenant in 1985 for a meager amount. Till date the rent has been increased by 32% only. I want to know:

• Rent enhancement rates under Rajasthan Rent Control Act
  • Details of Amendments to the Act in 2005 & 2006
  • Can I get the rent enhanced over & above what has been provided in the Rent control act

Thanks for your suggestions.

Learning

3 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     01 July 2010

Please check up with local advocate for specific provisions, but the rent acts all over the country are in favor of tanents and not landlords and you have very few options to raise rent.

B.S. CHHABRA, (Advocate)     09 December 2010

Though your query is now old one but still if you have not got right reply you may see the reply herewith since I am dealing four cases in Rajasthan itself. In Rajasthan the earlier Rent and Ejection Law has been repealed and new Act of 2001 has been promulgated but at present it is not implemented at Tehseel level. Therefore, depends upon the location of the rent property for you to know about present market value rent which can be got. For example in Beawar of distt. Ajmer the courts have ordered even 100 time more rent than the earlier old rents, that is, from 50 rupees to 5000 rupees. You can get the copy of orders/judgements as also copy of the new Act  from me on legallhelpp@yahoo.in.

Dusshyant Singh   17 September 2017

pls. send me copy of judgement of Beawar dist. Ajmer of rent increment from Ts 50 to Rs 5000.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register