LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rama Kumar (Business)     26 October 2016

Remarriage after divorce

I got married under the Christian marriage act. I have been granted divorce in Oct. I have contested under Section 10 (1) (x) and I was allowed for divorce. Now I am planning to remarry. Is there any appealing period after which I have to remarry or can i remarry immediately?

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)
90 days appeal period. Marry after that.

(Guest)
90 days appeal period. Marry after that.

Rama Kumar (Business)     26 October 2016

Hi Gyan Prakash can u cite, where is this 90 days mentioned in the law book?

(Guest)
Sir, I in my 15 year career has first time come across such a query. Where ur asking citation. You can wait for others to reply or can consult lawyer locally.

(Guest)
I am pleased by Tuk tuks (auto) reply. Hope u2 are overwhelmed. I suggest don't remarry. There is no meaning in veing in a relationship or in getting married, laws are very horrible re marital ties. You somehow will be screwed. I admire your courage. Worth recommending u for bravery award.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     27 October 2016

SDear Client,,

You wait for 6 moths AND AS PER CHRITIAN MARRIAGE AND  DIVORCE   LAW WHICH APPLIES TO  INDIAN  Christians  6 MOTHS .TIME IS ROVIDED FO RAPPEAL.PLEASE READ ON THE BELOW GIVEN PROVISIONS.If you appreciate this answer please  click the thank you button  on this forum.

) Liberty to parties to marry again :

When six months after the date of an order a High Court confirming the decree for a dissolution of marriage made by a District Judge have expired,

or when six months after the date of any decree of a High Court dissolving a marriage have expired, and no appeal has been presented against such decree to the High Court in its appellate jurisdiction,

or when any such appeal has been dismissed.

or when in the result of any such appeal any marriage is declared to be dissolved,

but not sooner, it shall be lawful for the respective parties to the marriage to marry again, as if the prior marriage had been dissolved by death :

Provided that no appeal to Supreme Court has been presented against any such order or decree.

When such appeal has been dismissed, or when in the result thereof the marriage is declared to be dissolved, but not sooner, it shall be lawful for the respective parties to the marriage to marry again as if the prior marriage had been dissolved by declaration.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ramesh Singh
"Man Loves Money"
"Bee Loves Honey"
"Rose Love Dew"
"you Love New?

Attend church regularly inspite of candle night dinner.

Lol.. lmao.. good one sir.. :D;) @querist you are a Christian! Brother don't remarry. Just a suggestion from one Christian to another. We Christian don't have divorce in our faith/religion.. Its taboo. Just a gentle reminder, embrace God instead of embracing a sh*thole.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ms.Usha Kapoor
SDear Client,,

You wait for 6 moths AND AS PER CHRITIAN MARRIAGE AND  DIVORCE   LAW WHICH APPLIES TO  INDIAN  Christians  6 MOTHS .TIME IS ROVIDED FO RAPPEAL.PLEASE READ ON THE BELOW GIVEN PROVISIONS.If you appreciate this answer please  click the thank you button  on this forum.

) Liberty to parties to marry again :

When six months after the date of an order a High Court confirming the decree for a dissolution of marriage made by a District Judge have expired,

or when six months after the date of any decree of a High Court dissolving a marriage have expired, and no appeal has been presented against such decree to the High Court in its appellate jurisdiction,

or when any such appeal has been dismissed.

or when in the result of any such appeal any marriage is declared to be dissolved,

but not sooner, it shall be lawful for the respective parties to the marriage to marry again, as if the prior marriage had been dissolved by death :

Provided that no appeal to Supreme Court has been presented against any such order or decree.

When such appeal has been dismissed, or when in the result thereof the marriage is declared to be dissolved, but not sooner, it shall be lawful for the respective parties to the marriage to marry again as if the prior marriage had been dissolved by declaration.

Thanks conveyed to Ms Usha ;)

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 October 2016

I agree with expert Ms. Usha Kapoor, wait for 6 months, if you can;

Otherwise, choose another girl and proceed to remarry, no legal impediment existed after passing a decree of divorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register