IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gunakumaran (Manager)     29 September 2010

remand copy



i was arrested in 498a and 506  and remanded i want to get the remand copy  .

how to get the remand copy pls  advice


 1 Replies

Hursha (Director)     30 September 2010

The Magistrate should not have sent you to Remand Prison without you being given the Remand Sheet. You can file a petition in the relevant court either through a lawyer or by yourself that you were not given the Remand Sheet at the time of arrest. If not anything, it will be at least be recorded that you were sent to Prison without the Police complying with procedure.

Next, file for a certified copy of the Remand Sheet in the relevant Court. Even this, you can do it yourself or through a lawyer. It wont cost you much. Should not cost you more than Rs.500/-.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query