1. In 1974 my grandmother applied Form 7 (under Karnataka Land Reform Act-Occupancy rights) for Land ownership. This Property was tenanted property (Mulageni & Chalgeni)
2. During the Form 7 process, the entire tenanted property vested with the State Govt.
3. Following year in 1975, my grandmother executed the sale cum release deed on entire above tenanted property in favor of her eldest daughter(my mother) with consideration amount Rs5000, which was registered with sub-registrar and mutation entries completed in the record. Paid consideration amount in front of sub registrar. Also members of the family (all siblings) - legal heirs including minor children also released their rights on this property, given the consent and signed in the release deed.
4. On the same day in 1975, another partition deed was got registered, based on the above release deed. My mother given some share to her mother’s brother and sister.
4. In 1980, Form 7 become Form 10 - State Govt passed the order and declared Grandmother as owner of the entire property and updated the land records.
5. In 2007, grandmother passed away
6. In 2019, grand mother’s legal heirs some how showing the death certificate of grandmother and updated everyone’s name Karnataka RTC(Record of Rights, Tenancy and Crops) with their names.
Question: When the Sale Cum Release deed was created, property in concern was vested with State Govt. Can I now enforce the release deed and update my mom’s name in the property (RTC). Is the release deed valid?