LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashish (owner)     15 January 2018

Regular stone pelting

Hai, A miscreant is regularly thowing stones on the roof of residence 2 to 4 times every day and regularly goes on doing so. has caused some damage to asbestos cement sheets roof and aims at hurting The person and his family members But they are safe. cctv footage available.what Sections of ipc apply in this case.?


 4 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     15 January 2018

If you want to lodge any police complaint along with the CCTV Footage, please do so.  After examining the complaint, the police will take appropriate action.  It is they who will apply appropriate IPC. Your complaint will not be rejected if you fail to quote the IPC, as the complainant is not required to quote any IPC at all.

You need not bother at this stage what IPC Section will apply, unless you are putting a student query.

1 Like

Preetam Thakur (MHA)     15 January 2018

Apt and suitable suggestion by Adv R. Ramachandran! Do exactly that!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 January 2018

You have acted wisely by recording the incident (repeated incidents).

If even after counseling the offender the conduct has not improved then you are within your rights to submit complaint with police under proper acknowledgment.

If SHO/PS do not act then you have the option to approach SP/DCP/CP/DGP thru the social portals/in writing thru email etc or in person.

ashish (owner)     16 January 2018

Thanks for all your replies.And  Offcourse I do like to learn about diffrent Matters/subjects and to Cross check facts from multiple Sources {Well it is a Tendency and it is In Everything and about Everything} So i have read a bit and Section 427,321,336 and 350 Seem To be Applicable .Please Correct Me if i am Wrong.and Thanks in advance. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register