LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sonia_kumari (lecturer)     15 September 2015

Registry advice

Dear all

My father has just become embroiled in a property dispute. The said property (which belonged to my grandfather) has now been transferred in his name by the municipal committee, but a cort case has been started by his brothers and sisters against this.

Our lawyer has advised that this property's registry should be in the name of my father as well as my brother to make our case stronger; he says that having it in my mother's name will not make our case any stronger. Please advise if this is so.

Will having the registry in my father'sand mother's name not be as effective as having it in my father's and brother's name?

Thanks! Please reply asap!



 6 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     15 September 2015



On what basis the municipal committee has transferred the property to your father, I mean what right has the municipal committee to transfer the property in your father's name.

Was the property keeping by the grnadfather was an ansectral property self acquired property by the grandfather.


Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate


sonia_kumari (lecturer)     16 September 2015

Sir, it was sel-acquired.

K S Narayana Rao (District Registrar)     17 September 2015

Type of the property and the state in which is located needed if it is house propserty mutated by municipality and if you used to pay tax the Hon'ble court may consider the same

jayakumar.R (ADVOCATE & LEGAL CONSULTANT)     17 September 2015

if the property is Self acquired property of your Grand father, as per hindu succession act your Father's brothers and sisters having equal right over the property 

sonia_kumari (lecturer)     17 September 2015

Thanks all! But my grandfather had left a registered will naming my father as the sole heir. My question is that will our case against my father's siblings become stronger if this property's registry is done in my father as well as my brother's name?

If yes, can the registry be done in my father's and mother's name? Will that affect our court case in any way? Please advise.





T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 September 2015

Dont go for any changes in the registration of property. If there is a court case, it would be illegal to transact with it in any manner. Wait for the court's outcome. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register